Rashida Rose





Rashida Rose's BIO

Q:First of all, how did you come up with your name? 


Rashida Rose is my given name (birth certified). My father and mother both took credit saying they were the ones who named me. 
Ainjel is my pet name given to me by individuals who refer to me as Angel because of my attitude towards others and situations. But, I noticed while growing up that people whose name is Angel often do not represent the true meaning which is "Messenger of God." So, I decided to spell it differently, making the statement that I belonged to an Advanced Intelligent Network Just to Eliminate Lies and it has been my personal motto since then. 



Q; Growing up, just when did the music bug bite you? 
I have always loved music. It has always been a haven and my personal therapy through physical and verbal abuse from home. At age eight I won a doll at Jamintel in the Fletcher's Land community for performing the song "Secret Lovers" by Atlantic Star. I then I moved on to be a part of Ashe and different dance groups such as Fresh Kids, New Kids, Squad One, Ishaan Dancers, while doing little dance performances in my community Alman Town and Downtown. While attending Vauxhall high school, I needed to study music so I enrolled in part time classes at Edna Manley. When I leaving high school enrolled in the Classical and Jazz (CLAG Programme), where my first instrument was voice and second instrument was piano. My career blossomed from there. 



Q: Did you have any other career in mind at any time? 
Yes. I wanted to be a plastic surgeon, but I was not able to pursue that dream due to circumstances in my background. 



Q: How did you hone your talent? 
RCM Music Foundation gave me a scholarship to study Piano with John Sears, Voice with Georgia Guerra Schlieffer, and Recorder withRosina Moder who is the founder of RCM Music Foundation. Then, I went on study live performance such as Acting, Voice & Speech, Modelling & Grooming at various schools including Tots & Teens, MBM Modelling & Grooming, Ashe Academy and Edna Manley College. I also did voice training with Pauline B. Watson, as well as Piano with Joy FairClough and John Sears. 



Q: What have you been doing musically to further your career? 
I have developed a product/service called the Muss Buss Project, which happens to be a marketing tool for not yet established artistes. With this, I produce music with new artistes, myself included, while forming alliances with different music moguls such as Clevie Browne, Skatta Burrell, Steven Stanley, Sly Dunbar, Big Yard Music Group, Exodus Nuclear, Supreme Promotions, just to name a few. MBP's main objective is to prepare and promote talented artistes for a successful career in the world of entertainment. 



Q:Performances, recordings, future projects you are working on - talk about those. 
I have been working on performances for Africa. I also have a new track - Freedom Is Here, which I did with Fire Pashon the daughter of the late Sugar Mignott. Currently I am also working on a project with Westside Connection of New York which promises to be great and which you will soon hear more about. 
Future projects include a collaboration with Exodus Nuclear Studios and my label Approved Music called "Hustla Talk Riddim". I'm on the compilation with a track called "Im Gonna Be A Billionaire". 
My artiste T.E.A.R ( The Ever Aware Revolutionist) has a track called " Midst Of The Terror" as well as artistes including Jr. Cat, Nittie Kutchie, Gyptian, Terrie Ganzie,John Wayne, Round Head. Also on this rhythm are some new artistes including Majah Bless, Clifton Rattigan & Axe Saw. 
I have personally produced all my tracks including “Denied", :Let It Rain", "It's Just Your Heart", "Talk Mi Mind" by Dj My-Az. I have also done covers of the Isley Brother's "For The Love Of You" and Bob Marley " No Woman Nuh Cry" under my own lable. 



Q: With your father Keith Rose being a singer and Beenie Man being a second cousin, how much did this family influence affect the path you have taken? 
I don't think my father or other family connections directly influenced my music. My father’s influence is more one of spiritual and self enlightenment. My musical chief influences come from my personal meditations and also from interaction with people as I journey through life.


Q:What kind of music do you do? 
I do inspirational music, positive brain food music which provides an alternative perspective from the mundane. I promote love of one's self and music which speaks to my creator.. 



Q: In five years time, what do you want the world to be saying about Rashida Rose 
I would love to hear them say Rashida Rose is an example to whoever wants to attain success in this industry. She is a hard worker, a fighter, a go getter. Nothing stops her. 
She is one of the greatest out of Jamaica, real artist. . 


Q: Advice for fellow artistes. 
Follow your dreams, invest in yourself and your talent. Whatever it takes to get you to the next level DO IT. Pray, prepare, then step out in faith and God will take care of the rest.

This is my single "Prevails" by me Rashida Rose, available on iTunes, I am trying to raise money to do a music video Please help me donate here